As your company grows, you technology requirements will change. Your business will reach a point where you will want all your data centralised and when this happens you will need a server.
A Server-Client Network has many advantages over a Client-Client Network:
- Centralized - Resources and data security are controlled through the server.
- Scalability - Any or all elements can be replaced individually as needs increase.
- Flexibility - New technology can be easily integrated into the system.
- Interoperability - All components (client/network/server) work together.
- Accessibility - Server can be accessed remotely and across multiple platforms.
- Speed - network will run far better as data and resources are handled by a dedicated machine.Backup - as all data is stored centrally it is easy to backup.
- Support and management - as the server controls the majority of settings on the network etc, the job of support is far easier as the main element of support is provided to the server and not individual machines. Global changes are easy to make from one location.
Computer Assistance will make the move from your existing system to your new server painless. By planning, designing and migrating your existing network infrastructure we will have you up and running again with minimal downtime.